Thursday, November 30, 2006

A day I'll never forget!!

During college I was posted at Patni Computer Systems, and the company had given Mumbai as my location..... This was I think the 1st of September, I had just reached Dadar at around 630 in the morning!!!.....
Mumbai life at 630 is unthinkable, there is confusion all around you...

Coming bak to my story!! I had to go my friends place in Chembur , and I had with me 2 heavy baggages!!! One sardar came upto me and he asked me where I wanted to go....I told him where I wanted to! He took me to his taxi where there were 2 other sardars... this was turning out to be a little scary!! Both of them were 6 ft must be weighin about 90 kgs each....

As I got into the taxi, the guys got into a conv. with me and asked me for a change of 1000 bucks, They needed 2 500's!!!
I gave it to them, and I got a 1000 rupee note in return!! After a while , probably abt 300 meters from the station, the guys tell me that it would cost about 300 rupess to get to chembur, when I very well knew that it would cost me 100 rupees by cab.

I told them to stop the car, and checked their 1000 buck note, it turned out to be fake.... I stopped the car, it turned into a little argument, and finally there stood a mob of people around me...

The local crowd helped me out of the confusion, I got my 2 500 buck notes back, and i caught another taxi bak home!!

Its true that 90% of mumbai is honest but the 10% compensate for the rest of the crowd!!!!

No comments: