Monday, February 5, 2007

Annual Day 2007::: A lot of fun amidst a lot of confusion...

Ok!! Annual Day 2007, an event that I shall never forget not because it was not way too awesome, but for the fact that it was the first ever Patni Annual Day I had attended....I had a nice session across the table with Sai and Giri the night before....and it resulted in the usual...breakfast at 11...
To add to my miseries, I had to leave at like 12.30ish as I had to get there 2 hours before time, in order to get some details on what I had to compere upon..neways a bus ride to Borivali and a train ride to Jogeshwari, wasn't too exciting...My co-host Deepa, landed up late, and I am not blaming her for that, it's the company.....She got there, and it was 4, and by that time Vinod had also come along with Snehal. Annual day had started for us as soon as the drinks (ah ah drinks were cold-drinks) were being offered, and the three of us(Vinod, Snehal and I) gulped down 3, 4 glasses of all available.

Then I had to do my job, but the mikes hadn't arrived...finally it did, Deepa and me finished our job amidst all confusion....My group came along, and they were mostly found near the beverages stall...All throught the evening we kept on losing each other, amidst about 8000 people.....but finally managed to gather together before the DJ event...As the evening went ahead, along with food,boring speeches,awards,and a lot more, it was dinner time soon... The lines at the counters could probably cover the distance between Churchgate and Borivali, if all of us were made to stand in a straight line...After dinner was DJ time....Although the music was not that good, we had a lot of fun.... danced our hearts out for an hour....did a lot of shit that I cant mention about....newayz, Annual Day 2007 was an experience...

Finally at around 11 we all departed to wherever we had to go...105 patni buses going in different directions across Mumbai...All I knew was that I reached at 12.15 AM, as the ride back was home was an opportunity to catch up on a lot of lost sleep....

Cheers!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

nikki...

good annual day.. hope it was semma maja machi...

Nikhil Neelakantan said...

thanx mate! yeah i did! yousuf???

Snehal said...

Well ur first patni Annual day went off well coz u had two experienced pros to guide u all around ;).
Well jokes aside if u put aside all the confusion it alwez is a nice event. After all where else can u hav an all u can eat ,all u can drink buffet(minus the booze though) along wid some wholesome entertainment ,chix (or the lack of them )et all.. and all this for free.... Hope to see ur compering the main event next time. Atleast u'll be assured of not havin 2 wait for a mike till d very end

Nikhil Neelakantan said...

Hope so man! and with better women around... get a few feom I-Flex na?

Snehal said...

I'll give u nother piece of
advice..

Patni standard of women is better than I-flex.
U see i had to compromise on a lot of things just to get a get pay package here

Nikhil Neelakantan said...

#snehal

They ackage gets you the women man! what more?

Nikhil Neelakantan said...

#Snehal
The package I meant:

kurt said...

# Nik
Now that u have learnt ur lesson, next time i hope to see you on stage along with Neeehhaaaaaaaaaaa.... :))
But we had fun in d stalls to, rite??

njoi,
Kurt

http://itsmekurt.wordpress.com/

Nikhil Neelakantan said...

#Kurt

Nehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, oh yeah, probably the other one too... wouldn't mind her being my co comere...stalls?? we had the maximumamount of fun there, and also dancing for the himesh songs!! :)

Nikhil Neelakantan said...

# Kurt

Compere i mean!

Snehal said...

#nik
Wot gud is the package wen there are no gurlz

Nikhil Neelakantan said...

#Snehal:

With a good package u get a whole range of Mumbai women,apart from I-Flex women, your boundaries are streched, here its no pay....leave Mumbai women, even patni doesn't have any...