Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Chennai Trip - First Leg

So I am finally at home... I reached Chennai safe and sound, on time, on Friday night... My mum also arrived on time... thankfully... I spent friday night chatting with my folks till about 2 in the morning... Saturday was ok... I didnt do much, I visited dad's office and got prepared for the party and pooja which we were going to have on the 18th... I was at the airport in the evening with Manish to pick up Mr. and Mrs. Bhatnagar - Dad's friends for close to 30 years... - They are Shikha's Mausa and Mausi... We were also surprised by Dad's other friends, Ramdas Uncle and Cauthy Aunty who had come from Muscat just for this occasion.... Later that night I headed to Zara's with Neha, Srujana, Prithvi and Sonia... I almost ditched the plan that night seeing the number of people at home - I would have gotten murdered by Neha Parnandi, had I not gone that night...
18th Morning started with a pooja - Sudarshana Homum as it is called - I was up early on the 18th morning, and attended the Pooja which went on till about 10 in the morning... Over the afternoon, Manish had come home - we decided to give my dad a bottle of Johnny Walker Swing... We went upto Alsa Mall and bought a bottle of the same... We had close to about 25 people at home in the evening for the get together thaqt followed.. I was lucky to have alcohol from dad's priced possessions - his Glenn Fiddich.... The scene was on till about midnight... and thats how the Sunday ended...
19th Jan was a lazy day... I had not had much of sleep - all family and friends wanted to go Shopping - I decided to stay at home... We all went out for dinner post which I headed to Neha's place for about a couple of hours... She leaves today, all my dad's friends leave today... Froom about 15 people at home 24 hours back - it would be just Dad, Mom, and me..... :(
Half my trip is over... 4 more days to go...

2 comments:

Schmetterling said...

sudarshana homam - sigh. nostaliga. how many of those sudarshana homams we've done at home.

Nikhil Neelakantan said...

#Schmetterling: I was just telling dad that I have attended them at your place... and the highlight would be the food :O